Tax Registration Check List


Assess your business with Pulaski County

All businesses located in Pulaski County must pay Business Personal Propery taxes for any personal property used in the course of that business.

Pulaski Counry Assessor


Apply for a sales tax permit with the State of Arkansas

Most, but not all business must obtain a sales tax permit. All retail-based and some service-based business must charge sales tax.

Arakansas Sales Tax


Obtain a Federal Employer ID number

The Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) is used to report federal withholding taxes and almost all business are required to obtain one. EINs can be obtained free of charge.

Internal revenue service


Register for State withholding taxes

After obtaining a Federal EIN, you should register for a State withholding report.

Arkansas Income Tax


Advertising and Promotional Supplement Tax

Little Rock business that sell prepared foods are required to pay the A&P 2% Supplemental Tax (also known as the "hamburger tax"). Business the provide lodging are subject to a 4% A&P Supplemental Tax.

LR Advertising & Promotion