About

Located in the heart of downtown Little Rock, MacArthur Park is the city’s oldest municipal park. Originally known as City Park, it was formally established as Little Rock’s first public park in 1892 when the US Army traded the Little Rock Arsenal’s land, including the Arsenal Tower Building, to the City of Little Rock to “forever exclusively be devoted to the uses and purposes of a public park”. In 1942, the park was renamed MacArthur Park in honor of Gen. Douglas MacArthur, who was born in the Arsenal Building in 1880.

For more information about MacArthur Park, please visit the Website

The Capital Guards monument was dedicated in 1911 as part of the Confederate Veterans Reunion.A beautiful day in MacArthur Park.Overlooking the lake at MacAthur Park.