West Central SPORTS Complex
West Central Sports Complex/Community Center is pleased to announce a Safe Return to Sports Programming! Our Safe Return Plans adhere to strict safety protocols created using State Guidance for Organized Sports, which include reduced facility capacities, mask requirements, social distancing, enhancing cleaning, etc.
Safe Return - Sport Safety Guidelines:
Please note that you will need to create an account and register in our ActiveNet online registration system.
Review the sport leagues document AND your sport-specific document carefully.
- All Sport Leagues- An overview of WCCC guidelines that apply to all Youth Sports. Updated on Nov. 6th to match the State Guidance for Organized Sports.
- Flag Football (TBD)
- Youth Baseball, Softball and Teeball (TBD)
- Sports Camps- Guidelines for sports camps, classes and clinics (i.e. football, volley ball, archery, sport camps, etc.). TBD
Current Sport League Opportunities:
Our regular youth sports league is being offered. Dates have been adjusted and are updated on our registration pages.
- Lil Tykes and Tiny Tots (ages 3 to 6)are designed to instill a love of sports into our youngest players. Leagues focus on building skills, learning to work as a team and having fun!
- Youth Leagues (ages 7 to 13) focus on further skill development, rules, understanding of the game and sportsmanship.
Youth Basketball (10 maximum per team) Registration opens November 16th. Winter season begins January 2021.
Safe Return - COVID Cases and Outbreaks
West Central Youth Sports Leagues will follow guidance from the ADH for Cases of Outbreaks in Children in Schools.
Please notify the Sports Coordinator if your child or you (if participating as an adult coach):
- Has a Positive COVID-19 Test Result – please report with the date of the first symptom
- Was directly exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 – please report with the date of the exposure
- Attended practices or games with any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (with or without a COVID test. If your child attended sick or with symptoms, we have to know how to address it with the other teammates). – Please report with the date of the first symptom and the date they attended practice/game.
Participant Notification: If we are notified that a child participating in a sport has a positive COVID 19 test, the league will contact the City of Little Rock Human Resources Risk Management Unit (RM) for communication guidance (i.e. contact the coach only, entire team, entire league, etc.) and possible quarantine instructions.
Please follow the At-Home Symptom Screening (PDF) when determining if your participant should attend a practice or game.
Coaches: use this flow chart (click here) as a guide should a player arrive to a game or practice exhibiting COVID symptoms.
Camps, Clinics and Sports Instructions
For 2021, the WCCC will offer more focused and specialized sport-specific training through a variety of camps, clinics, classes and private/semi-private training. TBD
- West Central 2021 Basketball Program Information Guidance (PDF)
- West Central Basketball COVID-19 Safety Plan (PDF)
- West Central Contact Tracing Form (PDF)
For more information, please contact the West Central Community Central at 501.379-1890
Safe Return - Sports FAQs
- What steps will your staff be taking to adhere to disinfecting guidelines and protocols?
- Will participants have access to hand sanitizer?
- Will participants have access to restrooms?
- Will I be refunded if play is halted for a COVID-19 recurrence?
Safe Return - Sports FAQs
Hide All Answers
1.What steps will your staff be taking to adhere to disinfecting guidelines and protocols?
- We recommend that all players bring their own equipment to practices and games, which will cut down on the amount of shared equipment.
- We will be asking instructors and coaches to adhere to social distancing guidelines as recommended by health officials.
- Additionally, cleaning supplies will be available to the teams and staff to use on shared equipment (balls, bats, helmets, etc.).
- Sport participants will stay in their assigned groups or teams when participating in a sport program. Each group and team has assigned areas they must adhere to.
- Limitations will be placed on spectators including amount of spectators and seating availability.
- All requirements will be communicated directly with participants before the start of their scheduled activity.
2.Will participants have access to hand sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer will be provided as available. However, we recommend participants bring their own personal supply in the event sanitizer becomes unavailable.
3.Will participants have access to restrooms?
- Restrooms at the West Central Community Center and Sports Complex Ball Park will be sanitized at least each hour that each building is open.
- Participants should come ready to play and should use the restroom before coming to their sports activity, but the restrooms will be open if needed.
4.Will I be refunded if play is halted for a COVID-19 recurrence?
Depending on the point at which a disruption occurs and duration of disruptions, participants may receive a prorated recreation credit.
Youth Sport Programs
- Flag Football
- Tackle Football
- Martial Arts
The West Central Sports Complex will host tournaments in addition to our regular league play.
Because our tournaments are a partnership with other communities, some of our games/tournaments will be played outside of West Central. Schedules are coordinated through multiple agencies and may take longer to create.
Arkansas-Mississippi Classic Basketball Tournament March 5, 2021 – March 7, 2021
The West Central Sports Division will host teams from Jackson, Edwards and Vicksburg Mississippi. Teams will travel to Little Rock to compete at the West Central Sports Complex Gym against Little Rock’s Best Teams! Our teams will also have an opportunity to travel to these and other cities as tournaments are scheduled.
Ages – 7 – 15
March Madness West Central League Play-off Championship – March 2021(TBD)
- League Schedules (TBD)
- Volunteer Coaching Information(TBD)
- Coach and Parent Resources(TBD
- Youth Sports FAQs
- West Central - Sports Policy and Procedure Manual (PDF)
- Sports Officials Program (online application)
Please Note: Not all of our sports are offered year-round as they change seasonally. Check our online catalog for current opportunities.
Youth Sports Transfers, Cancellations and Refunds
If a league/program is canceled or teams are combined due to insufficient registration, you will be notified prior to the start date and will receive a full refund, credit or transfer to another sport or team.
Youth Sports: Cancellation, refund and transfer requests must be made three business days prior to the advertised start of the activity. There is a $5 processing fee for each change to the initial registration purchase.
To submit a registration change request (transfers, cancellations, refunds) for sports programs, please email@example.com.
League Registration: Established teams, this year there will be a $225 fee to play in our league. The coach must sign up the team and pay the fee before the start of the season.
Parents must register their child individually if they do not currently play for a team. Once registered in the Active Net System, your child will be placed on a team.
Games will be streamed on the BOXCAST Streaming Service and simulcast on our WC Sports Network! A division of our West Central Community Radio Station KWCP 98.9.
Fans will pay online and watch their team in the playoffs and championship game! First Second and Third place trophies will be awarded.
Esports is a form of sport competition using video games. The WCCC Esports will be organized, multiplayer video game competitions between players registered in our Esports League as individuals or teams.
Madden NFL 20 is an American football video game based on the National Football League, the West Central Sports Division will coordinate the league by registering teams and scheduling the tournament. TBD
The West Central Sports Complex offers baseball/softball/teeball for ages 3-15.
Online registration in ACTIVE NET for the 2021 season begins December 2020. Registration will continue thru March 2021.
The Season will begin in May 2021.
The WCCC has partnered with the Ray Rodger Boxing Club and Diamond Rock Promotions to host youth boxing tournaments including the Arkansas State Junior Olympics. The event was scheduled for April 2020 but was cancelled due to COVID-19.
The state tournament includes clubs from around the state. The regional tournament includes clubs from: Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Missouri.
Stay tuned for updates on upcoming boxing events!
Being in the BRING IT competition means you have the courage to perform, the talent to create, the opportunity to meet like-minded competitors! The WCCC Bring It competition was all of that and more. Held October 15, 2019 the event brought competitors from Memphis, TN, St, Louis, Mo, Cincinnati, OH and Florida!
For 2021 we plan to host three events: January, July and October.
If COVID-19 is still a factor, we will live stream all events and fans will be able to view on the WCCC YOUTUBE Channel as pay per view events.