FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
Thursday, May 31, 2018
City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421
Media ReleasesContact(s): Scott Carter
2018 Open Studios Little Rock set for Saturday
LITTLE ROCK (May 31, 2018) – The City of Little Rock Arts+Culture Commission is hosting the second annual Open Studios Little Rock on Saturday, June 2, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Guests can gain access to over 20 artist studios and cultural institutions that will open their doors and give you a firsthand look at their creative process. The lineup of studios visits includes artists working in the visual and performing arts, plus cultural institutions that will open their respective studios for guided tours and demonstrations.
The public can participate in FREE, self-guided tours of art-related studios, live-in/work studios and homes, galleries, schools, and other creative spaces. (Please note, some of the participating cultural institutions may have admission fees for specific exhibits.)
Referred to as a city-wide exhibition, Open Studios gives you unparalleled access to artists living and working in Little Rock. Studio visits are free and open to the public.
Artists who are unable to welcome the public into their studios will showcase their work at the Alternative Space hosted at the Bobby L. Roberts Library of Arkansas History and Art at 401 President Clinton Ave. A welcome station will also be set up there with maps of all the participating artists and information on them.
During Open Studios, the colorful “Open Studio” signs will alert you to Open Studio spaces.
- Co-Op Art – 7509 Cantrell Rd (back side)
- Creative Art Studio – 7509 Cantrell Rd (back side)
- Jennifer Cox Coleman Fine Art – 2207 Hidden Valley Dr., Suite 203
- Amanda Heinbockel – 1701 Louisiana St, Apt 2
- The Little Rock Violin Shop – 316 E. 11th St.
- McCafferty Academy of Irish Dance – 6805 W 12th Street, Suite D
- Daniella Napolitano – 916 Scott St, Apt A
- Jenn Perren Studio – 1701 Louisiana St, Apt 4
- Catherine Rodgers Contemporary Art – 2207 Hidden Valley Dr., Suite 202
- Liz Smith’s Ceramics Studio – 125 Dennison St.
- South Main Creative – 1600 Main St
- Michael Warrick – 19 Mohawk Circ.
- Elizabeth Weber – 11901 Hilaro Springs Rd
Alternative Space (401 President Clinton Avenue):
- Jericho Way Art Class
- MNHenry Artwork
- Paintings by Glenda McCune
- Sheri Simon
- Michael Ward
Participating Cultural Institutions:
- Arkansas Arts Center
- Esse Purse Museum
- Historic Arkansas Museum
- Mosaic Templars Cultural Center
- Old State House Museum
The Little Rock Arts+Culture Commission cultivates connections between diverse audiences and the City’s creative community. More information (including maps and artist bios) available at https://lrartsculturecommission.com/open-studios-little-rock/.