FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
Monday, Mar 06, 2017
City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421
Media ReleasesContact(s): Jennifer Godwin | (o) 501 371 4421 | (c) 501 804 4822
City Wide Cleanup Kicks off March 11
Hundreds of volunteers will join in Little Rock’s Great American City Wide Cleanup on Saturday, March 11. The official kickoff will take place at the East Little Rock Community Center at 8 a.m., hosted by the East Little Rock Neighborhood Association.
A total of 36 cleanups to beautify the community are scheduled for the day, including one at Interstate Park and Fourche Bottoms, where Dan Scheiman with Audubon Arkansas also will be leading a group to forge trailheads in the wetlands area.
Keep Little Rock Beautiful will provide trash bags, safety vests and gloves to neighborhood cleanup groups that have registered.
- Capitol Hill Neighborhood Association
- Capitol View – Stiff Station Neighborhood Association
- Crystal Valley Property Owners Association
- Curran Conway Park- Fair Park Residents Association
- Dunbar Recreation Center, Playground – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Beta Pi Omega Chapter
- East Little Rock Neighborhood Association – Kick Off Event Location, East LR Community Center, 2500 E. 6th Street, 8:00 am
- Granite Mountain Neighborhood Improvement Association
- Hanger Hill Neighborhood Association
- Henderson Middle School – Cleanup on March 10
- Hillcrest Merchants Association
- Interstate Park & Fourche Bottoms- Friends of Fourche Creek
- John Barrow Neighborhood Association
- Love Neighborhood Association
- McMath Library- Open Door Outreach
- Montagne Court
- OUR Neighborhood Association
- Pecan Lake Neighborhood Association
- Pennbrook/Clover Hill Neighborhood Association
- Pettaway Neighborhood Association
- Pleasant Valley POA
- South End Neighborhood Group
- Stephens Area Faith Neighborhood
- Twin Lakes “A” Homeowners Association
- Twin Lakes “B”
- Upper Baseline/Windamere Neighborhood Association including: Baseline Academy PTA, Little Scholars School, and Little Rock Job Corps
- Wright Avenue Neighborhood Association
- Yorkwood Neighborhood Association
- Central Arkansas Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Adopt a Street Team
- Central Arkansas Community Corrections
- Embassy Suites Adopt a Street Team
- Philander S.T.A.R.T. Summer Bridges Program
- REACH FAR
At the 2016 cleanup, 828 volunteers collected 636 bags of litter and 177 tires, plus 23.7 tons of trash in dumpsters. In all, 87 acres of parks, 523 city blocks, and a mile of waterway were picked up.
Keep Little Rock Beautiful (KLRB), a certified local affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, is hosting the citywide cleanup to promote litter pickup, recycling, beautification and community improvement in the capital city. The eighth annual Great American Cleanup in Little Rock is part of the largest community improvement effort in the nation, the Great American Cleanup, which takes place annually from March 1 through May 31 and involves an estimated 3 million volunteers nationwide.
Information on signing up as a volunteer at an existing site is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. More information also can be found at KeepLittleRockBeautiful.com.