O.K. Program (Our Kids)
O.K. (Our Kids) Program is a free program offering positive guidance & support to African-American males’ ages 12 to 18 years old. The O.K. Program is a national mentoring model for African-American men and boys. The program brings together African-American police officers and pastors around the country to recruit, train and organize African-American men to mentor African-American boys between the ages of 12 and 18.
- Promote academic excellence.
- Provide role models with strong moral character.
- Raise awareness about incarceration rates of African-American males.
- Reduce the high incarceration rate of African –American males.
- Educate young African- American males about how to interact with police officers.
- Help develop leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Central High School
- Hall High School
- Dunbar Gifted & Talented Magnet Middle School
- Forest Heights STEM Academy
- Henderson Middle School
More More Information
Officer Brad Stewart