Cheatem Park

  • Location: 1901 E. Capitol Ave., 72202
  • Size: 2.2 acres
  • Classification: Neighborhood Park
  • Adopted by: Available for Adoption: E-mail ksykes@littlerock.gov

History

Cheatem Park occupies 2.2 acres (one city block) adjacent to the site of the old Pfeifer Elementary School in the eastern part of the city. The park was named after Floyd A. Cheatem, a Little Rock citizen who “promoted the spirit of goodwill and support in his community.” Development of the park began in 1975 with funding assistance from the Model Cities Program. Pfeifer School was demolished in 1978 and a warehouse for the public school system was constructed on the site.