The City of Little Rock seeks to cultivate understanding and enhance the relationship between city government and its residents. To do so, City has organized R.O.C.K. Academy, an informative, interactive six-week program designed to give residents an up-close look at how their City government works. During the sessions, residents will gain knowledge and insight through discussions, demonstrations and site visits, both in-person and via virtual instruction that includes virtual field trips. R.O.C.K.
During the six-week program, residents will gain knowledge and insight through discussions, virtual demonstrations and virtual site visits capped with a “graduation” held at a City Board of Directors meeting. The sessions will be held Thursdays beginning in October and are grouped into categories that include:
- Government 101 – An overview of City government.
- Dollars and Sense – A look at the budgeting process and economic development.
- Safety in the City – Meet those working to keep the city safe.
- Little Rock Building Blocks – Hear from Planning and Development, Public Works and Housing and Neighborhood Programs departments.
- Livin’ in Little Rock – Focuses on quality of life topics such as Parks and Recreation, the Little Rock Zoo and sustainability measures.
- Community Care – Learn about City-supported social service programs and other resources.