Helen T. Leigh Museum Field Trip Grant
The MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History offers travel grants to help students visit the museum for interactive programs that enhance teaching of World War I and II, as well as learn about the historic Arsenal Building and Civil War Arkansas. The grants offer up to $500 to public schools and community colleges during the fall and spring semesters.
First Call: American Posters of World War I - Examines the impact of propaganda on how a person or group thinks about people, society and events.
The Little Rock Arsenal - Explore what make the Arsenal Building as an historic site and what it was like to be a Civil War Soldier.
Food For Thought - A look at soldiers’ rations from the Civil War to present.
History Detective - Explore how museums use artifacts to interpret the past, and go on a museum or park scavenger hunt.
While there, teachers and students are encouraged to tour the museum, participate in various educational programs, and enjoy learning about our state’s military heritage on the homefront and around the world.
The Helen T. Leigh Museum Grant application is available through MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History and the Arkansas Humanities Council. Applicants must contact the museum to schedule their field trip prior to applying for the grant.
- The Helen T. Leigh Museum Field Trip Grant is available to public schools or community colleges in Arkansas.
- Field trips are available through the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History and must be scheduled prior to submitting the application.
- All field trips must take place at MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Maximum Award: $500.00*
- Funds may be used for the following:
- Mileage Reimbursement: Based on Federal reimbursement standard
- Costs Associated With Bus Driver(s) Fee and Use of Bus
- Substitute Teacher(s)
To schedule a field trip to MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History, please contact the museum at
To apply for the Helen T. Leigh Museum Field Trip Grant, please click the link below and fill it out and submit it by email, fax or mail.