The Reading Brigade Reading Program!
The Reading Brigade is an after school community outreach reading program targeting K-5th grade students. The program takes a non-traditional approach to introducing students to military history, both in the trenches and on the home front. The program is a donation-funded project that allows the museum education staff to provide the program at community centers in Little Rock.
Check out our Reading Brigade Blog!
With the ever increasing difficulty in taking classes on field trips, the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History can take any of our programs that we offer to your class. Along with educational programs, museum staff can visit your classroom to discuss military history topics.
Off-site visits with a 25 mile radius of downtown Little Rock are free of charge. Distance traveled beyond 25 miles from the museum will incur a fee.
From time to time, the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History will partner with other professional institutions to present public functions to promote education and learning. Some of the working partnerships that we have had in the past are:
- Aesthetic Club of Little Rock
- Air National Guard Band of the Southwest
- Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
- Arkansas Education Television Network
- Arkansas History Commission
- Arkansas Historic Preservation Program
- Arkansas Humanities Council
- Arkansas Literary Festival
- Arkansas Military Vehicle Preservation Association
- Arkansas Museums Association
- Arkansas National Guard
- Arkansas Paranormal Expo
- Arkansas Post Museum
- Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
- Central Arkansas Library System
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Downtown Little Rock Partnership
- Greater Little Rock Museums Consortium
- Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Little Rock Wind Symphony
- MacArthur Park Group
- Mid-America Arts Alliance
- National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
- Petersburg National Battlefield
- The MacArthur Memorial Museum
- The Museum of the Confederacy
- Sequoyah National Research Center
- United Daughters of the Confederacy
- United States Air Force Band of Mid-America
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
If you are interested in a working partnership with the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History, contact us to discuss possible educational events.