Fireworks Code & Safety
Little Rock Code. Section 18-103. Fireworks. No person shall possess, sell, manufacture or use fireworks except in accordance with the fire prevention code.
2000 International Fire Code. 3301.1.3 FIREWORKS. The possession, manufacture, storage, sale, handling and use of fireworks are prohibited.
TO REPORT COMPLAINTS CALL (501) 371-4829.
The Little Rock Fire Department recommends that you not use fireworks of any kind at home. Attend only professional fireworks displays. It's safer, cheaper, and more SPECTACULAR.
Stand at least 500 feet away, or up to a quarter of a mile for best viewing.
If you find unexploded fireworks, don't touch them. Contact your local fire or police department immediately.
Don't let children play with fireworks of any kind including sparklers- which burn hot enough to melt gold!
FOR THOSE PERSONS LIVING OUTSIDE THE CORPORATE LITTLE ROCK CITY LIMITS, safety rules should be followed. Among those are:
- Always read and follow the label directions
- Use outdoors only.
- Never give fireworks to small children and have an adult present.
- Never point or throw fireworks at other people or animals.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- Be cautious of lighting any fireworks during strong wind conditions.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface, away from houses, dry grass or leaves, and flammable materials. Grass is generally not suitable for any item intended to be used in an upright position.
- Fireworks must be used only by individuals who act in a responsible manner, and who are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Have a Happy Holiday, and STAY SAFE!!!!!!