Solutions for a Better Community
The mission of the Department of Community Programs is to effectively administer and maximize the Future Little Rock PIT/CYF Funds authorized under Ordinance No. 16,496 (and other funds) in order to provide the community with quality programs that utilize citizen involvement, proven practices, and standardized processes with the goal of improving positive outcomes and the quality of life for the children, youth, and families of Little Rock.
- About Us
- After School/Out of School Programs
- Youth Master Plan
- Youth Master Plan Appendix
- Positive Prevention Programs
- Youth Intervention Programs
- Success Stories
- Summer Youth Employment Opportunity
- Employer / Worksite Information for Summer Jobs
- Summer Program Opportunities
- Summer Academic Enrichment & Recreation Programs 2017
- Career Crash Course
- The Department of Community Programs has recently created a Career Crash Course program for the youth of Little Rock. These courses were designed to educate students on career preparedness and the realities of the workplace. Each student will have the opportunity to participate in both the morning and afternoon sessions on different matters geared towards a successful career path. At the end of this program, students who complete all courses will receive a career training certificate that can be added to their resume’.
- College Crash Course
- This program is similar to the Career Crash Course however, it is operated through the TRIOS Program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. For more questions please contact Howard Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-Entry Services
- Substance Abuse
- Tobacco Prevention Program
- Funded Partners and Programs
- Funding Opportunities
- Commission on Children, Youth and Families
- Helpful Information