Police Officer Recruit Requirements
In accordance with the State of Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement, the State of Arkansas Civil Service Statutes, and the Little Rock Civil Service Rules and Regulations, applicants for entry-level Police Recruit must meet the following criteria (list is not all inclusive). Candidates must:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age by anticipated date of graduation from the Little Rock Police Academy.
- Have graduated from a standard high school or possess a high school equivalency certificate General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- Have no felony convictions.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be free of any visual defect which in the opinion of the examining physician would adversely affect the performance of duty.
- Possess normal hearing and be free of any hearing defect which in the opinion of the physician would adversely affect performance of duty.
- Be a citizen of the United States at the time of hire.
- Have a valid U.S. Driver's License.