Police Youth Camp
The Police Youth Camp enables pre-teen boys and girls ages 10-12 from Little Rock community to have direct and positive exposure to police officers through a five-day, four-night camp experience. The camp helps open lines of communication and improves relations between the officers and young people. Ultimately, Police Youth Camp rewards kids for good behavior.
To build positive relationships between youth and police through educational, recreational and positive interaction with police officers in order to promote a stronger community.
Everyone participates in a variety of activities including:
- Swimming, canoeing, fishing, and archery,
- Sports activities such as volleyball, basketball, soccer, football, and dodge ball
- Group games, campfires
- Nature explorations, arts and crafts, and group projects
- Small group discussions on self-esteem, bullying, team building, diversity, conflict resolution, alternatives to violence
- Field trips to educational sites
- Demonstrations by special police units such as Canine, SWAT, Crime Scene Search, and Mounted patrols
- Discussions and role plays about police work and law enforcement
2024 Police Camp Application
Download Application and Recommendation Form Here. Applications can also be picked up at 615 W. Markham Street.
Deadline for these forms to be received by the Little Rock Police Department is March 1, 2024.
Due to limitations caused by the COVID pandemic, this prevented proper time needed to plan for the 2022 Police Youth Camp. We look forward to hosting the next Police Youth Camp in 2024.