The City of Little Rock Re-Entry Program is designed to provide services and opportunities to those with a history of non-violent convictions and incarceration to transition into the Little Rock community and improve their quality of life. The Re-Entry Program specifically provides the following services to those who plan to reside in Little Rock upon release:
Provides three services through contracts with private providers:
- Pre-release Programming
- Employment Placement
- Employment Placement for Disabled Adults
And provides two services through various Departments within the City of Little Rock (public sector)
- Sidewalk Program
- Re-Entry Employment Readiness Training
- Services include administering of needs assessment, counseling, development of reentry plan, case management services, and preparation for employment and reintegration into the community.
- Services include: recruitment and assessment, job preparation, training, job placement, case management services, and employment retention services.
Employment Readiness Training Program
- The Department of Community Programs provided program oversight and monitoring responsibilities for the creation of a Re-Entry Sidewalk Program within City government, handling coordination between the training department (CLR Public Works) and program participants. The program was proven to be successful and the Sidewalk Program received the 2013 Arkansas Business City of Distinction Award for workforce development.
- Since the implementation of the Sidewalk Program, the Department has developed and implemented the Re-Entry Employment Readiness Training Program through partnerships with several City of Little Rock departments: Public Works, Fleet Services, Little Rock Zoo, Parks and Recreation, Housing and Neighborhood Programs, and the Little Rock Police Department. Trainees are hired into entry level training positions within City departments, and provided with up to nine (9) months of job training.
The complete list of available programs for 2017 will be updated by Monday, January 23, 2017.