The following is the tentative outline dates for your hiring process:
- Available Online Application (Tentatively January 2023)
- Written and Physical Fitness Examination (Same Day) (February 2023 - March 2023)
- Command Staff Interviews (May 2023)
- Comprehensive Background Investigation & Polygraph (February - April 2023)
- Psychological Examination (MMPI) & Physical/Medical Examination (July 2023)
- Start Entry Level Police Academy (August 2023)
- Graduation from Entry Level Police Academy (January 2024)
When you complete your application you will be contacted by the City of Little Rock.
You can also follow the Police Department via Facebook and Twitter for upcoming events, testing tips, food plans, workout plans, videos, coffee with a cop events, meet a recruiter events, etc.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a ride-along, please email a recruiter at LRPDrecruitment@littlerock.gov.
The following are the hiring process steps:
- Complete Online Application
- Preliminary Background Investigation
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Examination
- Comprehensive Background Investigation
- Command Staff Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination (MMPI)
- Physical/Medical Examination
- Enter Entry Level Police Recruit Academy (24 weeks)/ Lateral Level Police Academy (4 weeks)
- Graduate Police Recruit Academy
- Field Training Officer Patrol Assignment (90 Days)