DO I HAVE TO APPEAR IN COURT
Many tickets do not require a court appearance and may be paid on or before the court date listed on your ticket.
Some tickets require a court appearance. This includes but is not limited to DWI’s, appearance agreements, tickets where a bond was posted, and people who have multiple violations on their driving record.
To determine if you have to appear in Little Rock Traffic Court:
- Go to caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov
- Click “Search by person name, business name or case type”
- Complete the following information
Date of Birth:
Case Type: CY-City Docket Traffic
Location Code: LR-Little Rock
- Click the “SUBMIT” button
NOTE: At the bottom of this page, there is a Help for Users link if you need additional information on searching for your cases/tickets.
Once you click the submit button a screen will come up with search results that include all tickets you have received in Little Rock Traffic Court. All Little Rock traffic tickets are assigned a case number beginning with LRTR.
At this point, you will see a section for Case Event Schedule where you will see all events for this case. The following are some events you could see which will determine if you have to appear in court or not.
Plea & Arraignment:
If this is the only event under this section, you do not have to appear in court, and you can pay your ticket before the court date listed on your ticket. If you want an extension or a pay plan, you must appear in person on or before your court date.
You must appear in court on the date listed on your ticket.
You must appear in court on the date listed on your bond paperwork or appearance agreement.
Your case is scheduled for trial and you must appear.
If you do not pay your ticket by your court date, sign up for a pay plan, sign up for community service or do not appear in court when required, a warrant for your arrest will be issued, your driver’s license will be suspended, and you may incur additional fines and/or fees.
MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE OFFENSES
- Three (3) or More Moving Violations on Same Ticket
- Four (4) or More Violations on Same Ticket (Excludes seat belt)
- Active Traffic, Criminal or Environmental Court Warrants
- Drinking in Public
- Driving on a Suspended License or Driving while License Suspended for DWI
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Failure to Appear on Ticket before the Court or FTA on a Prior Ticket
- Hit and Run (Leaving the Scene of an Accident)
- No Driver’s License – 3rd Offense and up
- No Driver’s License and No Insurance on same ticket
- No Insurance – 3rd Offense and up
- No Insurance with Personal Injury Accident
- Obstruction of Governmental Operations
- Officer Recommends Retest
- Passing Authorized Vehicle Stopped on Highway
- Possession of Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- Public Intoxication
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding – More than 15 MPH over the limit if 3rd Moving Violation within One Year
- Speeding 30 MPH over Speed Limit
- Theft by Receiving