Grants Management Division
The Grants Management Division oversees the federal and state grant awards received by the City. The various Departments within the City apply for the grants awarded and coordinate with the Grants Management Division. The grants received are used to improve the quality of life and to create economic opportunities for citizens of Little Rock.
What Departments in the City Receive Federal and State Funds?
- Community Programs
- Little Rock Fire Department
- Housing and Neighborhood Programs
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Development
- Little Rock Police Department
- Public Works
- Little Rock Zoo
What Exactly Does the Grants Division Do?
We work closely with the Departments to ensure that grants are administered and managed in accordance with the Federal and State guidelines. As a result, we perform the following tasks:
- Monitor grants quarterly on-site to ensure that expenditures are allowable and files are organized.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Department Grant Administrators.
- Assist in preparing Quarterly and Semi-Annual Financial Reports.
- Ensure submittal of Quarterly or Annual Performance Reports.
- Provide Monthly Financial Reports to Departments.
- Submit specific Monthly Reports to Departments regarding individual grants.
- Meet with Departments and discuss the status of projects and define strategies for completing projects in a timely manner.
- Prepare request for payment reimbursements and work with Departments to submit payments to funding agencies.
- Reconcile accounts and prepare journal vouchers.
- Record deposits for all projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule or amendments are requested.
Where Does the Money Come From?
Funding for the various grants administered by the City are awarded based on successful completion of an application from the agencies identified below:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Interior
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Arkansas Employment Security Division
- Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism
- Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department
- Arkansas Department of Heritage
- Arkansas Department of Forestry
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Does the Grants Division award grants to individuals or organizations?
A: No, the Grants Division does not award grants to individuals or organizations.
- Q: How can I apply for a grant?
A: There are no funds available for grant awards through the Grants Division. There are many different funding sources for grants throughout the United States.
You should research the Internet or contact the many State, and Federal agencies to find out what applications are being accepted, and the due dates for submittal.