Grant Application Information
In Resolution No. 15,676 of May 3, 2022, the City of Little Rock Board of Directors appropriated $200,000 to address public health measures and the negative economic impact of COVID-19 by investing in recreational facilities for disproportionately impacted communities. This is an investment to neighborhood features that promote improved health and safety outcomes. The Recreation Facilities Improvement Program will make investments in facilities that provide recreational services to low-income residents of Little Rock. The program will help increase capacity and support major local priorities in order to spur economic recovery today while helping communities build stronger economies for the future.
Nonprofit corporations, 501(c) 3 that own and operate a facility or facilities located in a Qualified Census Tract located in Wards 1, 2, parts of 3, 6, or 7 and provide youth mentorship and recreation opportunities presumed in underserved communities.
Ineligible recipients for this program include:
- Municipalities (incorporated cities, towns, or villages)
- School Districts
- Industrial Development Authorities
- Private, for-profit organizations
- Any organization that is suspended or debarred from doing business with government.
- Nonprofits with recreational facilities located outside of Wards 1, 2, parts of 3, 6, and 7.
- Renovation, rehabilitation, maintenance, or costs to secure vacant and abandoned properties for recreational facilities
- Development of recreational facilities
- Improvement of recreational facilities to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, such as HVAC improvements.
- Improvement of recreational facilities to increase services or access to disproportionately impacted households.
- Recreational facility must be located in a located in Qualified Census Tracts, locally defined as in Wards 1, 2, parts of 3, 6, and 7.
Applications are being accepted from 12/9/2022 – 1/14/2023. A webinar will be offered on Friday, December 16th at 10:00 AM to provide technical assistance. The link to the webinar is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89170586189?pwd=K2o5RVhNQ0RIYVZyQkJPZFN2VTNWQT09. It will be recorded and shared via the FAQs for any attendee who cannot attend.
Link to the application and for more information:
ARPA@littlerock.gov with any questions.