Even though the City of Little Rock does not mandate or provide business recycling, there are many companies in Little Rock that can help your business start recycling today.
First you should call your trash contractor to see if they also offer recycling services. Business recycling costs are generally quoted on a per business basis. When calling about recycling services you should be able to tell the provider the size of your trash dumpster and the types of materials your business would like to recycle.
The following companies provide business recycling in Little Rock:
Natural State Recycling: natural-staterecycling.com
- Located in the Little Rock Port, Natural State Recycling can help your business recycle paper, cardboard, and plastic waste.
- Call Natural State today to receive a quote on cost and to schedule a waste audit for your business: 501-490-0500.
- If your business produces small amounts of recycling you can drop it off at the Natural State drop off center in front of their building at 4501 Thibault Road, Little Rock, AR 72206.
Waste Management: wm.com/us/business
- Located in the Little Rock Port, Waste Management can help your business recycle a variety of waste products.
- Call Waste Management today to talk with a representative: 501-490-0733.
Republic Services: republicservices.com/businesses
- You can request recycling from Republic Services online or over the phone: 501-569-3700
Business Electronics Recycling
If your business has electronics that need to be recycled you're in luck! The Regional Recycling and Waste Reduction District has partnered with eSCO, an Arkansas based e-waste recycler, to provide e-waste recycling pick-up services for businesses in Pulaski County.
Who can participate in the e-waste pick-up program?
Any business located within Pulaski County. This is not available for households.
Does it cost for eSCO to pick-up my business' e-waste?
If your business has enough electronic waste to fill up two pallets the pick-up service is free.
If your business has a small amount of electronic waste there is a $75 charge for pick-up. However, you can drop off these materials at eSCO's collection center for free.
What counts as e-waste?
eSCO will accept any electric items with a cord or items that run on batteries.
eSCO does not accept items with refrigerant like air conditioning units or refrigerators.
How do I schedule a pick-up?
You will need to fill out a form on the Regional Recycling and Waste Reduction District's website. Find the form at the bottom of this hyperlinked page: business e-waste pick-up form
Learn about other E-Waste recycling options on our electronics recycling page.
Business Food Waste Recycling
Food Waste Recycling (Pre & Post-Consumer):
The Urban Food Loop has started offering food waste recycling services to businesses. Learn more at www.theurbanfoodloop.com
Here in Arkansas, Organix provides food waste pick up and recycling services. Currently Organix is working in Little Rock with a variety of hospitals to gather their post-consumer food waste. They have been recycling the food waste from UAMS since 2016. Visit the Organix website to learn more about the services they offer to businesses.
Food Recovery (Pre-Consumer Food Waste):
Does your business host events and often have leftover food? Does your business always have extra pre-consumer food waste due to the nature of the business? You should consider donating any pre-consumer food to one of the many non-profits in Central Arkansas that participate in food recovery. Below is a list of a few groups in Central Arkansas that collect pre-consumer food waste.
- Potluck Food Rescue: visit their website