ADA Information Line - 800-514-0301
The U.S. Department of Justice operates a toll-free ADA Information Line to provide information and publications to the public about the requirements of the ADA. Automated service, which allows call to listen to recorded information and to order publications, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ADA specialists are available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and on Thursday from 1:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time). Spanish language service is also available.
To obtain general ADA information, get answers to technical questions, order free ADA materials, or ask about filing a complaint, call: 800-514-0301 (voice), or 800-514-0383 (TDD)
ADA Fax On Demand - 202-514-6195
The ADA Information Line Fax Delivery Service allows the public to obtain free ADA information by fax 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By calling the number above and following the directions, callers can select from among 32 different ADA technical assistance publications and receive the information, usually within minutes, directly on their fax machines or computer fax/modems. A list of available documents and their code numbers may also be ordered through the ADA Information Line.
Currently, the FOI/PA Branch maintains approximately 10,000 pages of ADA material. The records are available at a cost of $0.10 per page (first 100 pages free). Please make your requests as specific as possible in order to minimize your costs.
Publications and Documents
Copies of the Department's ADA regulations and publications, including the Technical Assistance Manuals for Titles II and III, and information about the Department's technical assistance grant program can be obtained by calling the ADA Information Line, visiting the ADA Home Page on the World Wide Web, or writing to the address listed below. All materials are available in standard print as well as large print, Braille, audiotape, or computer disk for persons with disabilities.
Disability Rights Section Civil Rights Division
U.S. Department of Justice
P.0. Box 66738
Washington, D.C. 20035-6738
Copies of the legal documents and settlement agreements mentioned in this publication can be obtained by writing to:
Freedom of Information/ Privacy Act Branch, Administrative Management Section
Civil Rights Division - U.S. Department of Justice
P.O. Box 65310
Washington, D.C. 20035-5310
*The FOI/PA Branch also provides access to ADA materials on the World Wide Web at http://www.usdoi.gov/crt/foia/records.htm. A link to search or visit this website is provided from the ADA Home Page.
Other Source of ADA Information
- Disability Rights Center
1100 N. University, Suite 201
Little Rock, AR 72207
- I-CAN - Increasing Capabilities Access Network
2201 Brookwood Drive, Suite 117
Little Rock, AR 722202
- Telecommunications Access Program (TAP)
4601 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72205
- Independent Living Aids, Inc.
- L S & S - Specialized in Projects for Visually Impaired, Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) offers technical assistance to the public concerning the employment provisions of Title I of the ADA.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) offers technical assistance to the public concerning the communication provisions of title IV of the ADA.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation through the Federal Transit Administration offers technical assistance concerning the transportation provisions of title II and title III of the ADA.
ADA Assistance Line for information, questions, or complaints:
ADA documents and general questions: 202-366-1656 (voice/relay)
ADA legal questions: 202-366-4011 (voice/relay)
- The U.S. Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board, or Access Board, offers technical assistance to the public on the ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
ADA documents and questions:
- The Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund ADA Hotline is funded by the Department of Justice to provide technical assistance to the public on all titles of the ADA.
ADA technical assistance:
800-466-4232 (voice & TDD)
- The Disability and Business Technical Assistance Centers are funded by the U.S. Department of Education through the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) in ten regions of the country to provide resources and technical assistance on the ADA.
ADA technical assistance:
800-949-4232 (voice & TDD)
- The Job Accommodation Network- (JAN) is a free telephone consulting service funded by the President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities. It provides information and advice to employers and people with disabilities on reasonable accommodation in the workplace.
Information on workplace accommodation:
800-526-7234 (voice & TDD)