Police Officer Eligibility Requirements
In accordance with the State of Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement, the State of Arkansas Civil Service Statutes, and the Little Rock Civil Service Rules and Regulations, applicants for entry-level Police Officer must meet the following criteria (list is not all inclusive). Candidates must:
- Be at least twenty and one-half (20 ½) years of age on the date of the written test. Candidates must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to be hired.
- Have graduated from a standard high school or possess a high school equivalency certificate General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- Have no felony convictions.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have acceptable vision (uncorrected visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 or better in each eye).
- Possess normal hearing and be free of any hearing defect which in the opinion of the physician would adversely affect performance of duty. Hearing may be considered normal when a whispered conversation can be heard at 15 feet.
- Be a citizen of the United States at the time of hire.