How to Complete an Online Application
Click here for a downloadable version of How to Complete an Online Application
**PLEASE NOTE**If using Explorer 8, some versions of the Online Application are not fully supported. If you are having problems submitting an application, you may download one of the free browsers listed below:
To find a job opening:
- Go to www.lrjobs.net.
- Click on the appropriate Job Opportunities category.
To apply for position:
- Click on the position title that applicant wants to apply for.
- Click on “Apply” on the right hand side of the page.
To create a new account:
- Click on create new account. (If you have already applied for a position, enter your username and password.)
**A valid email address is highly recommended as important communication will be send to that address.
- Complete “Request New Job Seeker Account” page.
- Click “Save”.
Your username must be unique.
Choose a username that you easily remember. Your username may include the following:
A suggestion is to use the same username as your email account.
Your password must include the following:
PLEASE WRITE DOWN THIS INFORMATION – HR CANNOT RESET THIS.
The same application can be used to apply for multiple positions, however steps 2-5 will need to be completed.
Step 1: Job Application
- Click “Create Application”.
- Name the application (example: part time; this is for your information only.)
- Review contact information
- Click “Save & View Application.”
- To complete the application:
- Click “Edit Personal Information.”
- Click “Save & View Application.”
- Click “Add Education.”
- If you have attended more than one school, click “Save & Add Another”; otherwise click “Save & View Application.”
- Click “Add Work Experience.”
- If you have had more than one job, click “Save & Add Another”; otherwise click “Save & View Application.”
- Once Application is complete, click on “Go to Step 2: Agency-wide Questions.”
If you need more than 30 minutes, to complete steps 2-5, click “Save Work in Progress” during your completion.
Step 2: Agency-Wide Questions
- Answer the Agency-wide Questions, click “Save and Proceed.”
Step 3: Supplemental Questions
- Answer the Supplemental Questions, click “Save and Proceed.”
Step 4: Confirm Application
- Review your application, make any changes necessary.
- Click “Confirm Application” at bottom of page
Step 5: Certify & Submit
- Click on the accept button to process your application
Applicants will receive an automated email notice when they have successfully completed their application. These notices are generated as soon as the applicant applies and will be sent to email address they put on the application.
Example of application confirmation is below:
Thank you for applying for employment with the City of Little Rock. Applicants are responsible for completing and submitting all selection components listed on the job bulletin. Please note that you will not receive any additional reminders for selection components listed on the job bulletin. The selection process may include but is not limited to the following: application review and evaluation, supplemental questions evaluation, practical skills test, written exam, structured interview, and any other specified component.
Once the position is closed, it will be one to two weeks before you are notified of your status. The designated hiring authority will contact applicants chosen for an interview from the referral list. The hiring process could take up to six months, depending on the nature of the position, pre-employment screenings, and applicable background checks.
If the position is re-advertised, you are eligible to reapply. Please email any questions concerning your application to HR-Employment@littlerock.gov
Applicants can also log-in to their account and click on “Application Status” to see if they have successfully completed the application.
Log-on at www.lrjobs.net.
TOLL-FREE NUMBER FOR PASSWORD RESET 1-855-524-5627