Seal of Little Rock

Thursday, Aug 04, 2016

City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421

Media Releases

Contact(s): Jennifer Godwin | (o) 501 371 4421 | (c) 501 804 4822

City’s 311 Service Sees Updates

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Aug. 4, 2016) – The City of Little Rock’s 311 Customer Service Call Center is implementing several changes aimed at streamlining the request process and improving citizen services.

Little Rock 311 is the number that residents, businesses and visitors can call to make inquiries regarding services, report problems, check the status of issues or obtain general information.

In late July, 311 became a standalone call center as part of an emergency management plan to establish a backup communications center. The 311 Customer Service Call Center will be open from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. on weekdays, with an after-hours voicemail. There is also a translation service for residents who do not speak English as their primary language.

“These latest updates to 311 benefit our citizens immediately and directly,” City Manager Bruce T. Moore said. “With the many thousands of calls we receive every month, it’s important that our customer service call center be efficient and effective.”

The 311 call center is focused on City service requests and will no longer field non-emergency police calls, although it still has the ability to transfer calls to the Police Department’s non-emergency line.

Among the other updates, the Solid Waste help line at 501-888-2208 now rolls into the 311 number. Residents can contact 311 to ask about general information and put in requests for services such as pothole and sidewalk repairs; street sweeping; garbage and bulky item pickups; and reporting high grass and weeds.

In addition to calling 311, residents can use the web dashboard or the free Little Rock 311 app to submit requests. All requests are automatically placed into the 311 system and routed to the appropriate department. The web dashboard and app allow for residents to track the status of their requests.

As a reminder, the 911 communications center handles all emergency calls, such as house fires and violent crimes, which require an immediate response by police, fire crews or an ambulance. Non-emergency police reports can be made by calling 501-371-4829 or 501-371-4830.