Monday, Jan 22, 2024
City of Little Rock Public Relations (501) 371-6801
LITTLE ROCK – The City of Little Rock is offering residential sanitation customers an opportunity to take garbage to one of six locations this week. This is an alternative way to dispose of trash after collections were interrupted because of the winter storm.
The City's Public Works Department will place dumpsters at six sites beginning Tuesday. The free service to residents will be available daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The locations are:
- Crump Park, near the intersection of South Chester and 33rd streets
- Southwest Community Center, 6401 Baseline Road
- War Memorial Park, near the intersection of Taylor Street and Club House Drive
- Butler Park, 9800 N. Rodney Parham Rd.
- Boyle Park, Leander Drive north of 28th Street
- Hindman Park, 7500 Hindman Park Way
Crews will continue to pick up any additional trash this week if bags are placed curbside on residents' normal trash collection days. Dumpster use is optional for residents.
Trash and recycling pickup was cancelled all last week out of an abundance of caution in order to protect the safety of workers and residents. Normal collections resumed today, and extra crews are picking up all additional bags. Waste Management, which handles residential recycling pickup in the City of Little Rock, is asking residents with additional recyclable items to place any extra items in cardboard boxes next to their recycling carts.