Little Rock Open Studios
The City of Little Rock Arts+Culture Commission is thrilled to announce its first-ever Open Studios Little Rock.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 10, gain exclusive access to 30 artist studios and cultural institutions that will open their doors and give you a firsthand look at their creative process. The lineup of studios visits includes artists working in the visual and performing arts, plus cultural institutions that will open their respective studios for guided tours and demonstrations.
Referred to as a city-wide exhibition, Open Studios gives you unparalleled access to artists living and working in Little Rock. Studio visits are free and open to the public.
To plan your Open Studio visits:
- Download the Open Studios map (click here)
- Visit the Open Studios Welcome Booth in the Creative Corridor the day of the event. Complimentary coffee and doughnuts will be provided, plus the opportunity to tour two participating studios – Matt McCleod Fine Art and Arkansas Repertory Theatre’s Education Annex. The Welcome Booth will be located in front of Matt McLeod Fine Art, 108 West 6th Street, 72201.
Artists who are unable to welcome the public into their studios will showcase their work at the Alternative Space hosted at the West Central Community Center, 8616 Colonel Glenn Road, 72204.
During Open Studios, the colorful “Open Studio” signs will alert you to Open Studio spaces.
Sales are handled by each artist and we do not take a percentage. You may sell prints, other artistic projects and commission customized work for the future. It is suggested that you are equipped to accept credit cards.
- Co-Op Art – 7509 Cantrell Rd (back side)
- Creative Art Studio – 7509 Cantrell Rd (back side)
- Jennifer Cox Coleman Fine Art – 2207 Hidden Valley Dr., Suite 203
- Amanda Heinbockel – 1701 Louisiana St, Apt 2
- The Little Rock Violin Shop – 316 E. 11th St.
- McCafferty Academy of Irish Dance – 6805 W 12th Street, Suite D
- Daniella Napolitano – 916 Scott St, Apt A
- Jenn Perren Studio – 1701 Louisiana St, Apt 4
- Catherine Rodgers Contemporary Art – 2207 Hidden Valley Dr., Suite 202
- Liz Smith’s Ceramics Studio – 125 Dennison St.
- South Main Creative – 1600 Main St
- Michael Warrick – 19 Mohawk Circ.
- Elizabeth Weber – 11901 Hilaro Springs Rd
Alternative Space (401 President Clinton Avenue):
- Jericho Way Art Class
- MNHenry Artwork
- Paintings by Glenda McCune
- Sheri Simon
- Michael Ward
Participating Cultural Institutions:
- Arkansas Arts Center
- Esse Purse Museum
- Historic Arkansas Museum
- Mosaic Templars Cultural Center
- Old State House Museum