For general service requests: call 3-1-1
Click on the link to the interactive map and enter your address or just click on the map to see your collection days for Garbage, Yard Waste, and Recycling.
Solid Waste Services
- General Information
- Solid Waste Facilities Location and Hours of Operation
- Garbage Collection Days Map
- Interactive Recycling Collection Map
- Yard Waste Collection Days Map
- Curbside Garbage Collection
- Curbside Recycling Program
- Yard Waste Collection
- Compost and Wood Mulch Sales
- Bulky Item Collection
- Roll-Off Dumpster Program
- Mosquito Spraying
- Dead Animal Removal
- Little Rock Landfill Disposal
- Contact Information
The City of Little Rock provides solid waste services through the collection, disposal, and recycling of discarded material in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally sound, and cost effective. In addition, the City provides yard waste collection and processing, bulky item collection (for those items too large to fit into a garbage cart, dead animal removal, mosquito spraying, and administration of the neighborhood roll off dumpster program. Garbage and yard waste collection services are provided weekly, recycling collection services are provided bi-weekly.
Construction Waste Disposal: Waste materials from remodeling or repair of your home are classified as construction and are not included in the monthly solid waste fee. Options for these materials are to have your contractor dispose of such materials, you may take them to the landfill for disposal for a minimal fee, or request for special pick-up by City crews for an additional charge.
Ashes Disposal: To dispose of ashes from a fireplace or wood stove, soak ashes in water to extinguish any live embers and then securely tie in a plastic bag before placing in the garbage cart.
Paint: To dispose of paint, use a bulking agent to solidify the paint, such as kitty litter or saw dust. The other option is to pour paint onto a newspaper and let it dry. Leave the lid off the paint can and dispose of it in your household garbage.
Holiday week adjusted Solid Waste Services pick-up schedule:
- Collection of garbage, yard waste, and recycling will be shifted one (1)-day later in the same week following the observance of designated holidays.
To request services, call 311.
Solid Waste Facilities Location and Hours of Operation
- Location: 10803 Ironton Cutoff, Little Rock, AR 72206
- Solid Waste Facility Location Map - 34°38'57.0"N 92°18'03.6"W - 34.64917, -92.3010
- Hours of Operation:
- Garbage Collection 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Scale House 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Landfill - hydraulically dumped trucks/trailers 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Landfill - manually unloaded trucks/trailers 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- 2021 Saturday Openings Schedule
- 2021 Holiday Schedule
- Holiday week adjusted Solid Waste Services pick-up schedule will be shifted one (1) day later in the same week for collection of garbage, yard waste, and recycling.
- Contact us:
- Scale House: (501)-888-5806
- Administration & Landfill: (501)-888-4299
- Call 311 for the following Solid Waste services
- Request a new City-provided garbage or recycling cart.
- Request repair or replacement of existing garbage or recycling cart.
- Request an additional garbage cart at a cost of $10.00 per month with a three (3) month minimum usage period.
- Report missed garbage, yard waste, or recycling.
- Request special bulky item pick up.
- Request a roll off dumpster.
- Request dead animal removal.
- Request mosquito spraying
- Solid Waste Fees:
- Monthly residential fee: $29.68
- Extra garbage cart: $10.00 per month, per cart
- Extra recycling cart: $3.11 per month, per cart
- Additional bulky item pick up: $25.00 for 2 Cubic Yard, $10.00 extra for each additional Cubic Yard
- Additional roll off dumpster: $327.00 each pull
- Construction debris dumpster: $327.00 each pull
- Over sized yard waste: $25.00 for 2 Cubic Yard, $10.00 extra for each additional Cubic Yard
- Landfill tipping fees:
- Class 1: $33.00 per ton plus taxes and surcharge, with a minimum of $25.00 per load
- Class 4: $30.00 per ton plus taxes and surcharge, with a minimum of $20.00 per load
- Asbestos: $158.00 per ton plus taxes and surcharge, with a minimum of $100.00 per load
- Yard Waste: $33.00 per ton plus taxes, with a minimum of $20.00 per load
- Purchase of mulch and compost: $25.00 per ton
- Commercial garbage fee: call (501)-888-7061 to discuss pricing
- *Surcharge fee is $3.10
Curbside Garbage Collection
The City of Little Rock collects household garbage weekly in a City-provided cart. It is picked up by a side loading garbage truck with a hydraulic arm. Since this is a fully automated system, it is necessary to place the cart with the handle facing away from the street, and no more than five (5) feet from the curb. Also insure that the cart has at least a three (3)-foot clearance on either side of it. Please be sure your garbage cart is placed at your collection point by 7:00 AM on your collection day, and removed from the street the by midnight following pick up.
Curbside Recycling Program
The City of Little Rock sub-contracts with a third party for recycling collection and processing. Curbside recycling is provided on a bi-weekly basis. Place the recycling cart at least three (3) feet on either side of garbage cart or other obstruction. Place cart at the curb by 7:00 AM on your scheduled pick-up day, and remove it from the street by midnight following pick-up. For recycling education and to learn what can or cannot be recycled please visit our recycling web page at www.LRecycles.com.
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected once per week by the City; the business day following your scheduled garbage collection day. Leaves, grasses, and small twigs must be placed in bags, boxes, or cans smaller than thirty (30) gallons with a total weight of container and contents not exceeding fifty (50) pounds. Limbs should be less than six (6) feet long, and six (6) inches or smaller in diameter, stacked and placed next to the curb. Do not place yard waste in a City-provided garbage cart. All yard waste must be placed within five (5) feet of the curb for collection. Be sure to place yard waste at the curb by 7:00 AM on your collection day.
Compost and Wood Mulch Sales
Yard waste collected by City crews is recycled into compost and wood mulch at the Little Rock Landfill. Finished compost and wood mulch can be purchased at the landfill. For special pricing and to check availability, call the landfill scale house at (501)-888-5806. Staff is available to load your vehicle.
Below are prices for the material:
- Compost: $25.00 per ton
- Wood Mulch: $25.00 per ton
Solid Waste Facility Location Map - 34°38'57.0"N 92°18'03.6"W - 34.64917, -92.3010
Bulky Item Collection
A separate pick-up may be scheduled for bulky items that cannot fit in your household garbage cart. The first bulky item or appliance pick up in each calendar year will be at no charge. Each additional pick-up will be $25.00 for two (2) cubic yards and $10.00 for each cubic yard above that. The cost will be automatically added to your regular monthly solid waste bill. Bulky item pick-up must be scheduled in advance by calling 311.
- Examples of acceptable items for this collection service are: furniture, appliances (remove refrigerants before pick-up), lawn furniture, and mattresses.
- Examples of unacceptable items that are restricted from this pick up service are: construction and demolition debris, automotive components, liquid paint, electronic waste, and tires.
- The first bulky item or appliance pick up in each calendar year will be at no charge. Each additional pick up will be $25.00 for two (2) cubic yards and $10.00 for each yard above that. This cost will be added automatically to your monthly solid waste bill.
Roll-Off Dumpster Program
The Roll-Off Dumpster Program is another service offered by the City in an effort to keep our community clean. Individuals and neighborhood associations can request a twenty (20) cubic yard roll-off dumpster to be dropped off at a pre-determined agreed upon location. Individuals are allowed one free roll-off dumpster delivery per calendar year. Neighborhood associations are allowed eight (8) free roll-off dumpster deliveries per calendar year. Additional roll-off dumpster, or construction debris dumpster is available for a cost of $327.00. Containers are placed at the pre-determined location for three (3) days. To schedule a roll-off dumpster to be delivered to your property or neighborhood, call 311.
Mosquito spraying is performed seasonally by Solid Waste Services. Mosquito spraying is conducted in the evenings in identified areas throughout the City from Spring through fall. To request mosquito spraying in your area, call 311.
- Mosquito Protection Brochure
- Arkansas Department of Health - At home Zika Virus protection
- Arkansas Department of Health - Home mosquito habitat checklist
Dead Animal Removal
Solid Waste Services provides dead animal removal. Dead animals that have been killed in the vehicle traffic on City streets will be picked up from the street. Dead animals that are on private property must be brought to the curb for pick-up. Pick up cannot be made on private property.
To request this service, call 311.
Little Rock Landfill Disposal
- Solid Waste Facility Location Map - 34°38'57.0"N 92°18'03.6"W - 34.64917, -92.3010
For our customers' convenience, the Little Rock Landfill is open on selected Saturdays through out the year. 2021 Saturday Openings Schedule
Garbage, yard waste, and construction and demolition debris, may be brought to the landfill for a fee.
Tires are not allowed to be disposed of at the landfill. Contact Davis Rubber at (501) 371-1473 for tire recycling information.
Contact the Landfill Scale House at (501) 888-5806 for information and disposal fees.
Nathan Charles - Division Manager
Solid Waste Division
10801 Ironton Cutoff
Little Rock, AR 72206