Planning and Development
To enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Little Rock by providing a Department which encourages quality growth, development and redevelopment and the stabilization of neighborhoods through a concentrated effort of planning, land use controls, Historic Preservation, permitting and enforcement.
The Planning & Development Department consists of forty (40) employees in three (3) Divisions. The Department supports several Boards and Commissions: Board of Adjustment, City Beautiful Commission, Historic Commission, Midtown Redevelopment Advisory Board, Planning Commission, and River Market Design Review Commission.
Building Permit: Application
Subdivision Code (Chapter 31)
Zoning Verifications: fax written request with address and legal description of the property to (501) 371-6863.
Regularly scheduled meetings of the Little Rock Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and Historic District Commission are held in the Board Chambers, second floor City Hall, 500 West Markham Street.
|Little Rock Planning Commission||Board of Adjustment||City Beautiful Commission||Historic District Commission:|
Applications must be filed in person in our offices at 723 West Markham Street. For application deadlines and hearing dates see the calendars for the Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, City Beautiful Commission (Landscape Variance) or River Market Design Review Committee.
Information on heritage tourism in Little Rock has been developed by the Little Rock Historic Commission. Permit activity reports for this year as well as Annual Statistical reports are available in the Statistics and Reports section.
Interactive GIS Maps:
- The Zoning information is representational only and not intended to meet legal requirements.
- The future Land Use Plan is general in nature. It is a guide for zoning decisions and represents the recommended future land use pattern for the City of Little Rock
- Transportation Plans map shows proposed and existing routes from the Master Street Plan for Roads, Bicycles, and Trails. In order to switch between these layers you can click on layer list icon "" at the bottom of the map. Proposes routes are general in nature.
- The Historic Sites map depicts National Register Historic Districts and individually listed buildings, bridges, statues, etc. with links to the National Register nominations.
Other selected maps are available below as PDF documents ( Adobe Acrobat format).
- Census Tract Map (2010 Tracts) (2000 Tracts)
- Planning District Map
- National Register Historic Districts as of November 2013
- MacArthur Park Historic District as of December 12, 2005
For More Information
General questions and information:
723 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
Office: (501) 371-4790
Fax: (501) 399-3435
Zoning Verification & Complaints:
(501) 371-6863 (Fax)
Building Permit Desk:
(501) 371-4546 (Fax)